Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Course
Scope: It is also an undergraduate programme for those who have undergone the diploma in general nursing and midwifery course, and already providing their nursing services in hospital, health centers and public health setting to get degree in nursing. The course is specifically directed to the upgrading of critical thinking skills, competencies and request for practice of professional nursing and midwifery.
It helps to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurse and midwives at basic level in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitation services to individual in need. It allows making independent decision in nursing situations, protecting the rights of individual client and facilitating individual and groups to pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community health nursing services, and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in clinical/ public health settings.
Duration: 2 years
- Passed the Higher Secondary or Senior Secondary or Intermediate or 10+2 or an equivalent examination recognized by the university for this purpose.Those who have done 10+1 in or before 1986 will be eligible for admission.
- Obtained a certificate in General nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council. A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas:
- O.T. Techniques
- Ophthalmic Nursing
- Leprosy Nursing
- TB Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Cancer Nursing
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Candidates shall be medically fit.
- Students shall be admitted once in a year.